Termination

>> Sunday, November 18, 2012

Who gets fired after 4 days of work? I do thats who! let me give you breakdown so as not to ruin my reputation as a quality therapist:

Imagine being a professional hired to fulfill a role in a setting that could use the personel. A temp for all intensive purposes. You wouldn't expect that temp to bring her own computer, papers, pens, and other essentials to do her secretarial duties would you? Well, apparently, some places feel like the temp should be responsible for those things. And unfortunately, this particular assignment was one of those sites. Not only did they not have the supplies I need to do my job, they didn't have a thorough set of forms required for me to complete my medical documentation (which is unfathomable to me. I mean, that's how facilities get reimbursed~ documentation). The icing on the cake was when I addressed my concerns with the administration,  he gave me that face you see when you know someone doesn't give a shit about what's coming out of your mouth. He didn't understand what I was complaining about and continuously stated that most speech therapists do their jobs differently, so he expected that I would bring what I needed to do my job. I just shook my head and gave up trying to explain that documentation just wasn't part of the package. It really boiled down to one simple thing: how much can we get out of you without spending any money. They have nothing developed in that facility because most therapists have just made due with the situation, meanwhile continuously billing and making that facility money from medicare. Well I wasn't planning on being part of that fuckocked situation and in the four days working, I managed to bitch and moan myself right out of my employment. Some would have quit, but there is something inside me that makes quitting a challenge. With glee and happiness I received the call from my recruiter stating that the administrator requested termination of my contract. He then asked if i wanted to fight it. All i could do was laugh and move on. Most people would be trippin at the loss of a job. I dance quite the satisfied dance. that place was for the faint of heart. Or for the birds.... whichever speaks the most Spanish.

Now i am out of work enjoying some free time in the great state of California trying to fill my time. What is one to do with a rental car and a few weeks of freedom in a state she knows very little about?  let's see what a girl can get into ;-)

3 comments:

Mizrepresent November 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM  

OMG, what a trip! Enjoy California!

Desy November 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM  

@Miz- It has started off nicely, but we shall see how it all plays out.

J WISE May 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM  

J wise Pierre hit me up on Facebook

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP