4 days

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Maybe having a MIS degree doesn't necessarily qualify you as being the best person for computer issue assistance. Especially when it comes to hardware concerns. Why am I saying such things. Well, currently I am typing on an external keyboard that I had to purchase for my laptop because I accidently spilled a bit of water on the keys of my laptop keyboard. When I attempted typing on it the following day, errors occurred, so what did I do? I called my older brother who has been my go to computer person for.... ummmm, ever. Yeah; so his advice was to use my blow dryer to dry up whatever was still wet up in there cause something had to be since my keys weren't working properly. I was in the throws of conversation with him while blow drying on cool (cause I didn't think heat would be a good idea) and did so for about 30min or so (his recommended time). After ending the convo with him a few hours later, I checked my keyboard and it was in an even worse state. NOTHING worked properly now (which before there were at least some keys that did the proper functions). This being the end of a 10hr work day with my need to complete preparations for the following day was just not my cup of tea. I could feel the irritability rise up from my pit and sit right there on the surface of my tongue itching to be exposed as colorful expressions of my frustration. At this point, I just needed a working keyboard and considered purchasing an external one to get what I needed to get done ASAP. Just as I was processing that thought, my significant walked in. Before he could get too comfortable, I turned him around and headed to the store to get what I needed... Which got done with the additional push toward my fatigue. I am NOT a fan of getting in my car after doing all the traveling that I do during the day for running errands in the evening, and that feeling has been exacerbated recently because I have had a tender tailbone for the last 2.5 weeks or so. And when I say tender, I mean makeshift donut creation and pillow usage tender. I'm trying to figure out what has been the difference within these last few weeks that has made my bottom sore in such a way, but I've come up with nada at this point. I think I'm going to be rethinking brudderly advice when it comes to my comp. He hasn't really worked computers for quite a while now (2yrs recruiting IT personel has dulled his skills I assume).

***paragraph break for viewing pleasure***

I joined a writing workshop. I think it's time that I really get back into the writing grind and this workshop might really be the thing I need, especially since I am going to be working on structuring a short story corner at a poetry spot. I don't know anything about it and I am really hoping for the best, but I have an extremely limited amount of information about this workshop. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed... If nothing else, maybe I'll find some quality writers there that I could present at my corner...lol...

4 comments:

Diva's Thoughts October 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Oh that whole keyboard fiasco thing kinda does suck. I feel ya pain though.

Rashan Jamal October 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Maybe its hemmoroids causing your pain. LOL

you should have called pops... he knew what to do with the cell phone... matter of fact, you should just avoid liquids at all costs.

Desy November 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

thanks tee- it's killing me...lol

you are SO right Rah... I don't know why I didn't call him...lol

dejanae November 23, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

good look on the writing workshop :)
ur uh tailbone better?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP